About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Qanun Medical is a medical journal of Faculty of Medicine, University of Muhammadiyah Surabaya contains papers and scientific articles created as a form of realization Tridharma college.
The journal is published every six months, January and July of three articles in the form of:
- Research article
- Case report
- Literature review
The scope of this journal is all the field of medicine such as, but not limited to:
-Internal medicine (including Pulmonary medicine and cardiovascular medicine)
-Surgery (including urology, orthopaedic and traumatologic, plastic surgery, neurosurgery)
-Anesthesia and Emergency Medicine
-Obstetric and Gynecologic
-Forensic and Medicolegal
-Microbiology and parasitology
-Basic Science of Medicine (including biochemistry, physiology, anatomy and Histology)
-Public health and Health Management
Qanun Medika has already registered in LIPI and has ISSN as follows:
Peer Review Process
- One reviewer reviews at least a manuscript and a manuscript at least reviewed by one reviewer.Â
- The review process will be carried out in a Double Blind Peer Review. Reviewer receives anonymous manuscript from section editor or secretariat, and the author also doesn't know who reviewed the articleÂ Â
- If it is not suitable with his competencies, the reviewer is entitled to refuse the manuscript and recommend it to the other more competent reviewers.Â
- Reviewer reviews script from the aspects of quality and substance writing (not grammatical script), which includes the novelty, originality, usability, also validity citations and bibliography
- The reviewer advises the editor to accept or reject the article. The editors will reach a decision based on the reviewer's report, and if necessary, they will consult with members of the editorial board. Editor's decision is final
Qanun Medika will be published at the end of January and July yearly
Open Access Policy
The journal provides open access in principle to make research freely available to the public and will support the largest global knowledge exchange.
Qanun Medika is a medical journal of Faculty of Medicine, University of Muhammadiyah Surabaya contains papers and scientific articles as realization of Tridharma college. The journal consists of three articles, in the form of research, case reports and literature review.
Name "Qanun Medika" itself is taken from a famous book 'The Canon of Medicine" works of Ibn Sina, the father of Islamic Medicine, which means" the rule of medicine ", formed since August 2016, the publication of the Journal began on January 2017 in paper based with p -ISSN 2541-2272 and e-journal with e-ISSN 2548-9526.
The Qanun Medika journal has also been indexed in 5 national scientific indexations and 8 international scientific indexations in its first year. every article in this journal already has a DOI number in it's first year of publication
We hope this journal will be useful for the readers and will be contributed to an increase of knowledge.