Online Submissions

Already have a Username/Password for Tell : Teaching of English Language and Literature Journal?
Go to Login

Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration

Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.

 

Author Guidelines

Manuscript Guidelines and Journal Template (Link Download)


GUIDELINES FOR ARTICLE CONTRIBUTORS

1. TELL Journal accepts original and novel research-based or theoretical articles on English language teaching and learning, linguistics and literature which have not been published or are under consideration elsewhere.


2. Articles should consist of more or less 6.000 words (excluding references) and be typed in MSWord doc. Format.  The articles are typed in Times New Roman 12 with 1.15 space. All sections of article body are written without heading and justified. No indent for the first paragraphs and do not leave a space between the paragraphs. The following paragraphs are intended first line 0.75cm. All margins (Top, Bottom, Left, and Rigt) are 2.5 cm.

  • Introduction merged with literature review (25% of the article)
  • Method (15% of the article)
  • Finding and Discussion (50% of the article)
  • Conclusion (10% of the article)

 3. References should consist of 75% (primary sources from up to date Journal Articles) and the rest of 25% is from other sources such as books, theses, dissertations, etc. The references also refer to American Psychological Association (APA) style 6th Edition. The use of Reference Manager like Mendeley, Refworks, or Zotero is highly recommended.

 

Examples:

Bale, J. (2016). Language proficiency in an era of accountability: Using the target language to learn how to teach. Journal of Teacher Education, 67(5), 392-407. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022487116667196[A1] 

Cohen, L., Manion, L., & Morrison, K. (2007). Research methods in education (6th Eds.). Oxon: Routledge.[A2] 

Cynx, J., Williams, H., & Nottebohm, F. (1992). Hemispheric differences in avian song discrimination. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 89, 1372-1375.[A3] 

Song, S. Y. (2015). Teachers’ beliefs about language learning and teaching. In M. Bigelow & J. Ennser-kananen (Eds.), The Routledge Handbook of Educational Linguistics (pp. 263–275). New York and Oxon: Routledge[A4] 


 [A1]Article in Journal

 [A2]Book

 [A3]Proceeding

 [A4]Chapter in Book

 

Submission Preparation Checklist

As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.

  1. The manuscript is original and has not been published or are under consideration elsewhere.
  2. Articles should consist of more or less 6,000 words (excluding references) and be typed in MSWord doc. format
  3. Articles must contain an abstract written not more than 200 words with 3-5 keywords
  4. Articles must contain and show the highlights of the research findings.
  5. The manuscripts must conform to the specifications of Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (sixth edition) and adhere to the author guidelines.
  6. When sumbitting the manuscript, Author must comply the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review.
 

Copyright Notice

Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:

  • Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
  • Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
  • Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work

 

Privacy Statement

The name and email address used in this journal just for the benefit of this journal, and may not be used for any other purpose or by others.